Make it a rule of life never to regret and never to look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can’t build on it; it’s only for wallowing in.
I have my fair share of things I regret doing/being involved in. Here are a few:
- Not getting into IIT. Not working hard enough. Wasting my time in the idiotic belief that a mediocre student from India could actually get into a college in the States with a full scholarship! (yes, you can laugh)
- Going to Hyderabad, aged ten. Joining that school I despised.
- Leaving Hyderabad, aged twelve. Leaving that school I despised.
- Experimenting with cigarettes. BIGGEST. MISTAKE. EVER.
- Experimenting with alcohol. 2nd BIGGEST. MISTAKE. EVER.
- Didn’t read enough books.
- Didn’t learn to play a musical instrument.
- Didn’t learn enough programming languages.
These are the only ones I can think of right now.
I wanted to add:
- Thinking that any show of emotionally connecting is a sign of weakness.
But I still think so. Prove me wrong.