As usual, the post title is not merely what it seems. It’s as deep as… something that’s not very deep, but looks shallower than it is, but is, in fact…
Am back from my hiatus in the Himalayas. I cannot and will not go in Xtreme! to detail as to what happened. Just these notes:
- Kinnaur distrit in Himachal Pradesh is beautiful. We were the ONLY tourists there. There’s no feeling that can possible match up to the one you get as the ONLY tourists in a place that beautiful.
- I got trapped in around six feet of snow. To everyone’s disappointment, I made it out alive with only a frozen arse.
- Manali is OK. Solang Valley is fun. Rohtang Pass is still blocked and hence, so is Lahul-Spiti.
- I couldn’t bear more than half-an-hour of Shimla. *shudders* Terrible. Terrible place.
- I found Chandigarh to be an irresistibly funny place. It’s like a wannabe-city. It’s trying very hard to become Delhi, but… it’s just a wannabe.
- My mind is empty. I thought a lot and came to no conclusions whatsoever. However, it is true: there is something about the mountains that calms you down and allows you to think clearly.
Came back to Delhi and was greeted by burning eyes, a blocked nose and a sore throat. It was an impulsive journey. We barely knew what our plan for the coming day was and just wandered.
Not really into blogging right now. Am quite busy these days (gasp!). My desktop dreams might crash again.
So, how have you guys been?