I cannot possibly name this post. Also, it’s incoherent babble. I need a voice-recorder.Was sitting in my bed and thinking about… well, thinking! I came across the following conclusions.
- The nature of TRUE and meaningful thought is quite different from what we regard it to be. Even the most intelligent people (like me?) are in fact guilty of the crime of plagiarism. We peddle other people’s thoughts as our own to an unsuspecting audience. I’m still waiting for the day when somebody will come up to me and stop me mid-sentence and go, “That’s not your own! That’s from Socrates/Plato/Robert Pirsig/Douglas Adams et cetera.
- The System against which I’m on a Vendetta. I realized that I can’t define it properly without contradicting myself. That’s because, like it or not, I’m a part of it and true definitions come from objective, outside observers. What I need is a Theory of Relativity for my mind. A philosophical version of it where a person can define a frame of reference which he is in and moving along with.
- Philosophy: That branch of science which does not use mathematics.
- Science: That branch of philosophy that uses mathematics.
- Mathematics: A tool used for rationalizing the thought process in terms of another tool known as numbers.
- What differentiates one branch of study from another? It’s the tools they use. Tools such as mathematics, oratory, writing, painting, drawing, stitching, suspending belief et cetera.
- How do I feel? Like Leonardo Da Vinci. I have the goddam Mona Lisa in mind but am not adept enough at handling the tools required for painting in order to use painting, another tool to represent it. Like Mozart. I have Die Zauberfloute ringing in my ears and cannot play any instrument.
Most people who read this blog know my identity and phone number. Meet me to truly understand what I’m trying to say. I am not adept enough at handling this tool to represent what’s going through my head.