I hate over-pretentious, two-faced hypocrites.
You know what I like? Violence.
You too? Then, friend, go watch…
This is what I like to call a “DUDE!” flick. No plot, no screenplay, no emotions (except anger and lust), no bullshit. Just a whole lotta shootin’, killin’, cussin’ and cheap one-liners too boot!
Shoot ‘Em Up is a bit of an inside-joke. It at the same time, glorifies and mocks Hollywood action flicks. It’s a bit like a Hollywood Rajnikanth flick. If you, like me, go in just to enjoy yourself without giving a flying fuck to direction or any cinematic credentials, you’ll have a ball! I mean, come on! How can you NOT like a movie where the lead character has no name, chews on a carrot all the time and uses the line, “You know what I hate?” throughout the movie! Plus, it features absurdly entertaining sequences like:
- The guy shoots up a sign of “FAUKNER TRUCKS AND TOOLS” such that it reads “F UK U” (the “TOOLS” is obscured by a trash can) before muttering “Fuck You, You Fucking Fuckers!” and jumping across a building. The bad guy then shoots up the “tools” sign so that it now reads “F UK U TOO“.
- Clive Owen puts a gun behind the villian’s head, bites a carrot and says, “What’s Up, doc?”
- “I’m a British Nanny and I’m Dangerous”
- Mr. Smith: Do you know what I hate?
Baby’s Mother: [in pain while conceiving] No!
Mr. Smith: I hate these forty-year-old jack-holes wearing ponytails. That pony tail doesn’t make you look hip, young, or cool.
[Smith shoots a ponytail henchmen in the head (and blows the ponytail off)]
- Mr. Smith: [after killing several men while at the same time having sex with Monica Bellucci] Talk about shooting your load.
Dudes, watch with your mates. Girls, *cough* enjoy Jab We Met. *cough*